Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day!

“Once again I’ll go over what God has done, lay out on the table the ancient wonders; I’ll ponder all the things you’ve accomplished, and give a long, loving look at your acts.  O God!  Your way is holy!  No god is great like God!  You’re the God who makes things happen; you showed everyone what You can do!”   Psalm 77:11-14 (The Message)

I am celebrating my fourth Mother’s Day this weekend!!!  How exciting!  How amazing!  How great is our God!

Our family went to Walt Disney World last week to celebrate Claire’s third birthday.  My sister-in-law warned me that I would probably cry at some point during the trip while looking at the magic of Disney through my daughter’s eyes.  She was half right.  I cried.  Not over Disney or Claire’s reaction to it all (as priceless as it was!).  I cried because I realized that the last time I was at Disney in 2008 I had looked at the families and had wished that I had children to take.  I wished to see my daughter’s eyes light up at the sight of a princess in real life or watch her dance and giggle as she entered Cinderella’s Castle.  I wanted to haul far too much junk into the park and carry a sleepy baby back to the car.  I watched others do it, and I longed for it for me.  My heart literally ached as I watched other mommies enjoying their families that year.  But this year, my heart leaped for joy!  My heart was full to overflowing, and I cried.  I cried because it was me – it was my turn – to see my babies enjoy meeting Minnie and Mickey, to watch them get excited over seeing and doing everything, to carry them tired and exhausted back to the car while hauling too much junk around.  It was a fabulous trip and another wonderful reminder of what God has done for me!  He gave me my babies, and He gave me the opportunity to take them to Disney World’s Magic Kingdom so that He could show the world what He’s done for me!

I am so incredibly, head-over-heels, crazy in love with my babies!  Claire is such a doll.  She is quite the little lady and so girly.  She is beautiful and sweet and polite and kind and compassionate and funny.  She is a complete joy!  Cale is so snuggly and cuddly and happy and peaceful and full of joy and intelligent.  He is a delight!  God didn’t just give me kids.  He gave me great kids, smart kids, beautiful kids, sweet kids.  I am so amazingly blessed!

This girl – who doctors said would never have children – is a joyful mother of children and has given birth to two beautiful babies!  And I am so very honored to be their mom!

To my babies – I am so glad that you’re mine!  I thank God for you everyday, and you are answers to my prayers.  You are beautiful!  You are valuable!  You are blessed!  I love you more than I could have ever dreamed possible!  You are the loves of my life!

To my mom – Thank you for being the most wonderful mommy!  Thank you for teaching me how to be a good mom and for standing in faith for my husband and babies even when I seemed to have given up.  Thank you for covering me with prayer and for believing in me!  Thank you for never turning your back on me but for loving me through everything.  I love you, Mommy!  Happy Mother’s Day!

To Robin, my mother-in-law – Thank you for giving birth to my wonderful husband.  He is such an amazing husband and father, and I am very thankful for the things you taught him.  I love you!  Happy Mother’s Day!

To Paula, my husband’s stepmom – Thank you for being a mom to Steven.  I know that raising someone else’s child isn’t the easiest thing to do, and I appreciate all that you have done for him.  Happy Mother’s Day!

To my wonderful and amazing husband – Thank you.  Thank you for making me a mommy.  Thank you for being the daddy in our home helping me to raise our beautiful babies.  Thank you for having my back and supporting me.  Thank you for working so hard so that I can stay home and raise our kids.  Thank you for setting the standard of excellence in our home.  Thank you for putting God first and teaching our kids to follow Him.  Thank you for marrying me!  I love you!!

To my Heavenly Father – Thank you!  Thank you for all of Your blessings in my life.  Thank you, especially today, for my beautiful family, for giving me a wonderful husband and for giving me two beautiful, amazing children when I had been told I couldn’t have them.  Give me the patience and wisdom to raise them to honor You.  Thank you for giving me Mother’s Day every year as a reminder of just how good You are and how much You love me!  I will declare Your wondrous works!

For all of the mommies out there – Happy Mother’s Day!  May you know that you are loved and cherished and appreciated.  You are blessed!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a mommy!  Happy Mother’s Day to ME!!!078

No comments: