Friday, March 28, 2008

The Story of Us -- Part 1

Steven and I met on a blind date.

Some background information... I am such a Daddy's girl. My whole life I have always said that I wanted to marry someone just like my daddy, who I think is pretty much perfect. My sister-in-law, Shannon, was working as the children's pastor of a church and kept telling me about this guy she worked with. She said, "He's just like your dad."

One Thursday evening Shannon came over to my apartment, and we went to dinner together. Over dinner she announced, "Remember that guy I told you about - the one just like your dad? He'll be by to pick you up at 7:00 tomorrow night." After dinner she came back to my apartment and helped me pick out what to wear on my date. I am notorious for wearing mules or flip flops; however, she gave me specific instructions to wear socks. She would reveal nothing else about his plans for our date.

On Friday, January 23, 2004, at almost exactly 7:00 p.m., my doorbell rang. I opened the door to the man of my dreams who stood there holding a bouquet of flowers.

Stay tuned for more...

P.S. Thanks, Shannon! He couldn't be more like my daddy! He's perfect!!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I am so LOVIN' this story!! Can't wait to hear more!!!

I think you have inspired me to do the same thing!!