Monday, April 14, 2008

The Story of Us -- Part 2

Steve loves surprising people, so he refused to tell me where we were going or what we would be doing. Being that this was a blind date, I was a little bit nervous. However, he came highly recommended so I saw the whole thing as a fun adventure.

As we left my apartment, Steve announced that he needed to get some gas in his truck. (This made me laugh. I knew right away that this date would not be stuffy.) With a full tank, we headed toward downtown Tulsa. After driving around for about half an hour, Steve finally admitted he was lost. I asked where we were going, and he relunctantly admitted that we had dinner reservations at Pomodoris - a swanky Italian restaurant. Fortunately, I had been there once before and had a general idea of what the building looked like. We finally found the place.

Being lost gave us time to talk and gave us much cause for laughter. It was during all of this laughing about being lost that I looked over at him and had the thought "This could be the man I'll marry." I have no idea where the thought came from, but it sure made the rest of the date interesting since I was now looking at a "perspective groom" and not just another date.

Dinner was tasty, and the conversation was very one-sided. Steve talked and talked and talked and talked and talked. Since Steve is a very fast eater, and I am a slow eater, this worked out well. We finished our meals at about the same time. And Steve is a great storyteller, so I didn't mind a bit. He spoke a lot about his mother. And as everyone knows, you should always look for a man who loves his mother.

After dinner, we headed to the location where socks are a requirement...

No comments: