Monday, March 28, 2011

Claire’s First Day in STL

Claire had a really busy day today.  It started off fairly normally – breakfast, shower, a little play time, a nap, lunch, a little shopping, a phone conversation with MiMi – and then things got a bit more exciting.

While typing my previous blog post, I noticed that Claire was just a little too quiet.  Our hotel room is nice-sized, but it’s still just one room and the bathroom.  How much trouble can one little girl get into?  Well, not too much; but enough that she found this quite fun.001

When she discovered I had the camera, she tried to rush back in and clean it up.002

003

Oh my!  First the crayon on the wall, now one and a half rolls of toilet paper unrolled.  What’s next?!  (I’m actually very excited to find out and am keeping the camera charged and at the ready.)

Since it actually gets cold in Memphis (unlike Houston), it has been some time since Claire has been swimming.  Fortunately our hotel has an indoor pool!  We are so excited to be able to swim again!

Claire in her new swimsuit.  (I must brag about my bargain.  I bought this at the end-of-season sale last year at Gymboree for $3.19!!!  What a steal!!!!)004

Daddy teaching Claire “the basics” – blowing bubbles, putting her face in the water, “monkey on the wall,” kicking, etc.006

007

008

011

012

015

016

My loves – both sleepy after a very busy day.023

1 comment:

MiMi and PopPop said...

Looks like you guys had a really fun day. Looks like Claire is getting very creative. What a fun girl!
Love the swimsuit...she is a little doll.