Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Charmed Life

I received my first charm bracelet for Christmas during my 7th grade year. I still have it. I love collecting charms for the meanings they hold and the stories they tell. They bring back great memories. I can tell you why I have every charm that I have. I now have three charm bracelets.

This bracelet is the story of us - the love story of Steven and Amy Norton.

Steven bought me two charms for my birthday the year we met - the ice skate and the airplane. I wore this bracelet on my wedding day. Every charm on this bracelet represents something about us. It's not all-inclusive, and I continue to look for more to fill in, but we collect them to mark the important occasions in our life.

The ice skate - We went ice skating on our first date. It was the most perfect first date ever. For me, it was love at first sight.The valentine heart - Our first kiss was on our third date which was Valentine's Day 2004. It was so romantic!

The bee - Steven has always told me that I'm the "bees knees."


The plane - Steven is a pilot, but I have the charm because the best date we ever had took place in an airplane. Steven was teaching at a flight school at the time. One night, he took me up - just the two of us - and introduced me to "his world." It was amazing! There really aren't words to describe it. And he even let me fly. Brave guy, huh? LOL


I love you - To commemorate May 22, 2004 - the day Steven told me he loved me for the very first time. And yes, I told him that I loved him too.


The frog on the lily pad - Steven proposed at sunset on Tuesday, June 15, 2004, on a bridge overlooking a pond filled with frogs and lily pads. My answer is still yes, Yes, YES!!!


Bride and Groom - Because that's who we are. We officially became "Bride" and "Groom" on November 20, 2004. We maintain the titles because we still feel about each other the way we did on that day; and we never want to get over it. We will forever be the giddy couple who just can't get enough of each other.


The cruise ship - We took a cruise for our honeymoon - Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica - AMAZING!


The Christmas tree - To celebrate our first Christmas together, which also happened to be our first married Christmas.

30 - I turned 30 the summer after we were married. Steven took me to Sea World in San Antonio, TX. It was a lot of fun. The morning of my birthday, Steven woke me early and told me to get ready. He didn't tell me where we were going. He just told me what to wear and told me to get in the car. Off we went. It was a wonderful surprise. The birthday cake - Also commemorates my 30th birthday. It was a great birthday!The apple - Steven took me to "The Big Apple" (a/k/a NYC) for our first wedding anniversary. It was an amazing trip! We went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (which is MUCH more exciting in person); and we went to all of the touristy spots. We spent 10 days in New York, and it was perfect!Texas - We moved to Texas in the summer of 2006. It's hot here, but Steven is here. I'll follow you anywhere, Babe!Skis - Steven "taught" me to ski in Salt Lake City in March 2007. Perhaps I should have said Steven tried to teach me. I'm afraid that I wasn't a very good student. I loved being outside in the snow with Steven, but skiing is HARD! I spent more time on the ground than I did standing up or skiing. It took me two hours to get down the bunny hill. I don't think Steven and I have ever laughed so hard before or since. It was so funny! Thanks, Babe!The snowflake - This year Steven took me skiing again - in Oregon. This time I took classes. Turns out that I'm a pretty good skier. I need more practice, of course, but I only fell down once in two days of skiing; and that wasn't even my fault. There was so much snow this year - 18 inches overnight. It was beautiful!My life with Steven is perfect. I wouldn't change anything about it. We definitely live a "charmed" life.

No comments: