Saturday, June 27, 2009

Remember when...?

Do you remember the skit "The Chris Farley Show" from SNL? Chris Farley used to "interview" guests by asking them, "Do you remember when...? Remember that? That was cool." He spent the entire time asking them if they remembered his favorite parts of their movies. There was nothing else to the interview. It was hilarious! What a great skit!

Psalm 77:11-12 says "I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds."

Three years ago, Steve and I started keeping a written record of the miracles in our lives. Here are a few of the wondrous works God has performed in my life:
  • My amazing husband, Steven
  • My dream home
  • Being debt free
  • Job that I love
  • Wonderful family
  • Great friends
  • Great church
  • Favor
  • Promotion for me and Steve at work
  • Financial increase
  • Healing for me and other family members
  • Ability to quit my job and travel
  • Claire

These are just a few. The list goes on and on. We are so very blessed. Today I encourage you to remember the miracles in your life.

Psalm 126:3 "The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

Psalm 118:17 "I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD."

Remember when...? Remember that? That was cool!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The list brings the lyrics "How Great Thou Art" to mind. I couldn't have wished for better grandchildren than you THREE (couldn't leave out the GREAT one)! God has provided for you so you can provide for others. May God Bless you with happiness and good health.

See you in August.

Love, Grandpa LeRoy and Faye.