Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Brag Post

I am continually amazed at how over-the-top God is! So I am going to take a few minutes to brag on Him.

As you can imagine, I have been doing quite a bit of baby shopping recently and even flew to Tulsa this past weekend to register and shop with my mom. All of this baby-itis has given me the "I-wants" pretty badly. I don't want my girl to have just OK stuff. I want her to have the best of everything. I want her room to be perfect. I want her clothes to be fabulous. I want everything to be just right.

Last week, on Wednesday evening, Steve and I were talking; and I mentioned that I wished I had a part-time job of some sort that would let me work only when I wanted and let me do only what I wanted that would allow me to work from home in PJs and would pay me a lot of money so that I could afford all of the baby stuff I want. Sounds like a pie-in-the-sky job doesn't it? Well it isn't!

On Thursday morning (the very next day - less than 18 hours later), I got a call from the HR Manager at the company I used to work for. He asked if I would be willing to work part-time from home for one of my favorite department managers. I told him I thought that might work. He told me that he would get back with me, but I haven't heard from him since.

Then today I got an email from the department manager who asked if I was still interested and if I could meet with him. I went in this afternoon and very clearly stated my demands for pay, hours, etc. He gave in without a fuss. In fact, he even added to it saying that if we were traveling or if I didn't feel well or was tired or whatever, I didn't need to worry about it. He would work around ME and my schedule.

I am being paid more than I have ever been paid in my life. I work when I want. I can turn down any assignment I don't wish to do. I work from home - in my PJs. And I love my boss.

I totally love that God gave me more than I asked for - even when I wasn't really praying or really even asking. He just gave it to me because He's the kindest person I know. He just wanted me to have everything I want.

And because of this fabulous new job offer, my daughter will have the perfect nursery, the fabulous clothes, the best of everything. And my husband and I will still have the wonderful life of leisure and travel that we want.

God is such a good God, and He has blessed us exceedingly, abundantly above all we could ask or even imagine!

No comments: