Monday, December 21, 2009

Parking Wars Preface

Coming soon an exciting post entitled Parking Wars -- about the adventures of Steve and Amy's parking adventures. As I prepare for this masterpiece I had an epiphany.

In the Amy's Big Adventure post I was admonishing the Sears Corporation for their clever use of the $12.99 fee for pretty much anything and everything battery related. After seeing the mall parking lot for myself from the air last week (both the First Officer and I simultaneously said 'Whoa' when crossing over the mall near my house) I decided that we may be on to something.

For the privilege to drive in the covered garage, have someone greet you and open your door and help unload your stroller $12.99 is a small price to pay.

When you are done shopping, in Amy's case they even turned her car around so it was facing the right direction, once again they helped load her stuff in the car.

The next time you can't find parking just drive into Sears -- let them know you think something might be wrong with your battery, $12.99 is cheaper than valet at most places, plus there is likely a shorter wait. As an added bonus if they are backed up, and you are expeditious with your shopping you may get back before they have had a chance to 'check your battery.' In this case I can only assume there would be no charge!

No comments: