Saturday, February 14, 2009

Its The Weekend

It is sad to report that the airplane that crashed the other day was one of ours. I personally only knew the Captain, I haven't seen him since October, but during our conversation over dinner in Washington DC I remember us talking about his faith. He was in fact a Christian, so although its not easy, we can rest knowing that we will see him again one day.

I am doing well, in fact I started a trip this morning -- I currently am sitting in a border town, and annoyingly most of the channels are in espanol. Perhaps I need to remind everyone why I am no longer the proud owner of Rosetta Stone Spanish learning software! (or maybe I never told you, I bought it off Amazon from an 'un-authorized retailer' so I could never activate it, technology these days...)

This week my Cousin Josh is coming to visit. We have much fun in store, although the one thing I was most excited about was the indoor water park in Galveston. That stupid place is closed citing 'hurricane damage' -- for crying out loud the hurricane was four months ago, we had our damage repaired in 27 minutes... (I really am joking, but just a little)... So the next plan was Six Flags -- oh their closed. Of course they are, I would hate to go to Six Flags when the temperature is actually comfortable outside, please make me wait until it is so hot that I must buy a drink at every turn. I would talk about plan C to go to Sea World -- but I'm afraid I'd be repeating myself. So NASA, and that's it -- nothing else on the agenda, I've got some work to do...

Amy and I learned about Romance yesterday -- our Church hosts quarterly events for couples, yesterdays topic was romance -- we had to define our love the options were NEW LOVE -- EVERYDAY LOVE -- or COMMITTED LOVE. We collectively identified ourselves as new love / committed love; and also decided to never allow ourselves to fall into everyday love -- everyday love is the point when a couple is just going through the motions, nothing exciting, just doing what they do, and occasionally throwing out an I Love You.

-- Happy Valentines Day Amy -- I love you more than anything, you are the best thing that has EVER happened to me. You mean more to me than anyone else, and I don't know what I would ever do without you!

Well my workout is over, and I'm getting hungry -- I must go find some cuisine to enjoy -- yall be careful now!

No comments: