Monday, August 4, 2008

I've been tagged!!!

I received my first tag on July 28th from Valerie. Thanks, Val!

Here's what you do:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

OK, so I've accomplished step one (hope it works) and step two. Here goes step three:

1. I have a "thing" for New York. It started when I was a teenager and watched lots of chick flicks which all seemed to take place in NYC. As a result, The Big Apple is on my list as one of the most romantic places in the world. My first trip to NYC was in the summer of 1996 when I went with my parents and my younger brother. It was amazing! We saw all of the touristy spots. From then on, my love affair with the City grew; and I started collecting NYC prints and memorabilia. Then my wonderful husband took me to NYC for our first wedding anniversary. (How much more romantic can you get?!) Since we got married at Thanksgiving time, we went the week of Thanksgiving and got to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - which is AMAZING in person. There's so much they don't show you on TV. Then we got to shop in the crowded stores on the day after Thanksgiving. The store windows really are amazing. It was wonderful. Needless to say, I am still in love with the place.

2. I spent 13 years in college. Most people graduate in four or five, but not me. I LOVE school. I have changed majors more times than I can count. I took classes simply because I found them interesting and/or I liked the instructor. I've attended seven different colleges. I finally graduated in December 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts in Multi-Disciplinary Studies With An Emphasis in Human Relations (sounds like a made up degree, doesn't it? I think they must have made it up for me!). Along the way I managed to earn an Associate of Arts Degree in Psychology and a Supportive Ministries Degree from Bible school.

3. Red is my favorite color. Some people have a favorite color, and it means that it's their favorite color to wear or something. For me, it's my favorite color for everything. I have three rooms in my house with red walls. I drive a red Jeep and a red scooter. My kitchen is full of red Kitchen Aid appliances. My kitchen towels and utensils are red. My living room sofa is red. Every room in my house has some red in it. Every flower in my front yard has red blooms. I wear a lot of red clothes. I have red shoes and red purses. I love the color red.

4. I am extremely passionate about everything. Every emotion I feel can be prefaced with the word "very." I am almost always very happy. But if something goes wrong, I become very upset or very mad. And every single emotion I have can be clearly seen on my face. You never have to guess how I feel about something. I'm extremely easy to read.

5. I have a lot of "dislikes" when it comes to food and beverages. I have learned to be a more adventurous "taster," but I find that I still dislike almost everything. I have a very stong pallette and can taste all of the ingredients (even when Steve tries to trick me by sneaking things into some of my favorite receipes, thereby ruining them - but I must say that I love it when my husband cooks - which he does a lot, so I will not gripe too much.) I have yet to find a single fruit that I like. I like fruit flavors, but I don't like the fruits themselves. I can never manage to swallow them. The texture is just too weird. If you want to get fruit down me, make it into a smoothie. My favorite is banana mango. I hate coffee. I don't like it in or on anything. Why ruin a good thing like ice cream by flavoring it with coffee and calling it mocha? I eat very few vegetables. I like weird veggies like okra and zucchini and peppers, but I hate corn and tomatoes and green beans. And most importantly, I hate eggs. I will not eat them in a box. I will not eat them with a fox. I will not eat them, Sam I am. I will not eggs, not even with ham. However, I love meats. And desserts. Although it's important to note that most desserts, when lacking chocolate, are hardly worth the calories. (And before anyone thinks that it's my mother's fault, I must assure you that I spent many a night sitting at the table playing the "waiting game" to see who would give in first. My mom would continue pulling out the same stuff from the refrigerator night after night until it grew mold. I can out wait anyone. It's not my mom's fault. I just don't like it.)

6. I don't know six bloggers to link to. I'm new to this whole blogging thing. Apparently so are my friends and family. Most of the blogs I read, I just stalk (meaning that I read them anonymously and never comment since I don't know the people). So I will link to those I know.

Step four: I tag my wonderful and amazing husband (because his answers will be oh so funny!), some of my most favorite family members - The Dolan Family and my fabulous SIL - Shannon.

Step five: Done!

Happy Blogging!!!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Amy, your answers were GREAT!!!! And so fun and interesting to read more about you...:) Thanks for playing!

Valerie