Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today Is The Day

I was running on the treadmill this morning (as I've mentioned before its too hot outside for all that). During this time I was compiling a list of fun blog topics like: 'Is That Smoke I Smell', or 'Birthday Gifts Revealed'. Then it suddenly dawned on me, today is the day. Today is the day we should thank a Veteran, or a Military Member. Today is the day we should thank a Police Officer or Firefighter. Today is that day our generation will never forget. Do what you can do today to help a public servant feel appreciated. I always make it a point to personally welcome members of our Military (and allies) on my airplane, and today will be no exception. I cannot tell you how much it means to members of our Armed Services just to hear thank you. I remember being in the Air Force and having someone buy my breakfast at IHOP one night. That was huge, and really probably not a big deal to person who did it. If I see anyone, but especially a person in uniform having a hard time making a pay phone call, I give them my cell phone, and tell them to take as long as they would like. Do what you can today, even if it is just to pray.

I'm a little rushed, the evacuations for IKE are starting to take shape. I will be flying in and around IKE all weekend I'm sure, but Amy and Maggie will be safe in Tulsa. We will certainly keep you updated. Remember Today Is The Day!

No comments: